Saturday 30 March 2013

Someone killed my son, hanged his corpse, says nine-year-old boy’s mother

The family of Henry Goodness is still to come to terms with the fate
that has befallen them. The nine-year-old boy allegedly committed
suicide, throwing the entire neighborhood of Angwan Yashi in Tudun
Wada, Jos North Local Government Area of Plateau State into anguish.

They are also baffled at how a promising boy could terminate his life abruptly.

Henry's body was found lying on the ground of the compound around
3.30pm on Tuesday by neighbours where he lived with his parents and
siblings, with the rope still tied around his neck. The parents were
not at home when the incident occurred.

However, his mother said she could not be fooled into believing that
he killed himself. She alleged that Henry was killed and a rope
apparently was put around his neck by the murderers to make it look
like a suicide.

At the time of his death, Henry was a primary one pupil of Messiah
Foundation Private School in Tudun Wada, Jos.

Hanatu, who spoke amid tears, said, "Nobody will tell me that my son
committed suicide because when I left him this morning he was full of
life. They have just finished their examination and he felt there was
no need to go to school. He was playing in the house.

"On Tuesday I went to the hospital with Henry's younger brother early
in the morning and I left him in the house. He was full of life. After
leaving the hospital, I went to visit my mother at Jenta Adamu and few
hours later I got a call from my husband informing me that our son had
been killed.

"I suspect foul play. I believe my son was killed and then his corpse
was hanged. My son can never do anything like that he was full of life
that morning. I'm calling on the police to do everything possible to
bring the killers of my son to book."

Not less perplexed was his uncle, Goodness, who said a neighbour
called him on phone to tell him of the tragedy.

"I rushed from my office to their house and saw the boy hanging in the
compound," he said.

The dead boy's grandfather, who called himself Pa Goodness, shared the
views of Henry's mother.

With tears dropping from his eyes, he said, "I suspect foul play. My
boy could not have hanged himself, not for any reason. The boy had no
problem at all. He had no reason to commit suicide. Something must
have gone wrong. I would also want them to conduct an autopsy on my
son."

The house where the tragedy took place has over 20 tenants.

At Tudun Wada Police Station, our correspondent was told by a
policeman that the case had been transferred to the A division of the
state police command.

The state command's spokesman, DSP Adigun Salawu, told Saturday PUNCH
that the case had been referred to the State Criminal Investigation
Department for proper investigation.

Salami said the police were working on a theory that the boy committed
suicide because of the rope found around his neck.

H said. "We are working on the theory that he committed suicide, until
the parents come up with any evidence of foul play. However, we are
not ruling that out. We are exploring all angles to ensure that we get
to the root of the matter."

No comments:

Post a Comment

DROP YA COMMENTS!!!!!