Thursday 25 April 2013

“How did it go from 1-1 to 4-1? I don’t know” – Mourinho stunned after Dortmund’s victory

Jose Mourinho was at a loss to explain his side's 4-1 loss to Borussia
Dortmund, in the first leg of their semi-final match in the Champions
League.

Robert Lewandoski scored all four goals for the home side, while
Cristiano Ronaldo got the only goal for the Spanish giants.

Mourinho, who is chasing his third Champions League title and the La
Decima for Madrid, however admitted that Jurgen Klopp's men were the
better side.

"I think Dortmund were the best team by far, they won every individual
battle on the pitch, they were stronger physically and mentally so I
think they deserve it. How did it go from 1-1 to 4-1? I don't know.

"Everything happened in a short space of time. We lost easy possession
and we couldn't cope with their counter attack and their transition."

Speaking on the Polish striker, who troubled his side time and again,
the former Chelsea and Inter Milan boss said: "We know everything
about Robert Lewandowski, every detail possible and we lost him in
three goals. It's very disappointing.

"When we lose and we don't deserve to lose, with me, it's a drama,
when I do deserve to lose I accept it. Of course the boy deserves
credit for what he did but we gave him every support for man of the
match."

No comments:

Post a Comment

DROP YA COMMENTS!!!!!