Saturday 23 February 2013

“I don’t plan to leave Arsenal any time soon” – Wenger

Ouch, this may come as a bad news to my Arsenal brodas but oh well na so we c am.....


Arsene Wenger has insisted that he will not resign as manager of Arsenal, despite facing arguably the biggest crisis of his 16-year reign in charge of the North London club.

The Frenchman’s current contract runs out in 2014 and several sections of the club’s fanbase, have called for him to walk away from his positionn recently.
Blackburn dumped Wenger and his men out of the FA Cup and they face an uphill task in qualifying for the next round of the Champions League, after a humbling 3-1 defeat at home to Bayern Munich, but Wenger has stated he will not step down any time soon.
“Never, not for one second,” he replied, when he was asked about the possibility of resigning. “The love for the game and the love to win (keeps me motivated).
“I will not come out with my feelings (on negative publicity of the last week). What is important for me is to focus on the next game and try to give my best, like all the players.
“My spark has nothing to do with the length of your life. It is just how you are. You are motivated by how much you want to win and how much you want to be a winner. If I go out against you now in a one-on-one, you will see that I will beat you. At least if I don’t, I will want to beat you. That will be the same so long as I can move.”
However, the 63-year-old hinted that he might consider his future in the coming year.
“I have a contract until 2014 and at the moment I am on a short term plan,” he stated. “For two reasons. One I have been here for a long time and two, I have to consider what I want to do. That will be considered in 2014.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

DROP YA COMMENTS!!!!!