Wednesday 3 April 2013

“I am going to battle against my father” – Drogba speaks on reunion with Mourinho


Didier Drogba has described Galatasaray’s Champions League quarter-final clash with Real Madrid, as playing against his father.
Madrid manager, Jose Mourinho, signed the Ivorian striker from Marseille, after he was appointed as Chelsea boss and worked with him between 2004 and 2007.
“I am going to play against my father, Mourinho. He has a special place in my heart, he changed my life,” Drogba admitted.
On his part, Mourinho also revealed that a special bond existed between him and Drogba.
“I won’t say that he is my favourite player, because I have coached many special players, but if I had to choose one, perhaps I would choose Didier. He is a player from another world,” Mourinho told Real Madrid’s official website.
It will also be a reunion for Mourinho with former Inter Milan midfielder, Wesley Sneijder. The pair worked together between 2009 and 2010 in Serie A.
“Mourinho is like a second father to me. He is not like the other coaches, he is special. The difference lies in how he persuades you, how he helps you if you’re not on form. He pays attention to everything and always knows how to come to the assistance of the players,” Sneijder told Marca

No comments:

Post a Comment

DROP YA COMMENTS!!!!!