Wednesday 6 March 2013

Nigerian Gay Pastor-”The holy spirit led me to start this church


Rev. Rowland Jide Macaulay an ordained pastor and founder of House of Rainbow Church a gay church he founded in 2006 has decided to return to the country and re-open it despite all the threats..
Read his stance below
“For me I have always been gay and I never became gay. I became aware of my same sex attraction whilst living in Nigeria at the age of seven. Boys flirt with each other unknowing all the time and it was at this stage that I was more aware of my emotional, physical, mental and sexual attraction to boys. I was 14 when I had my first sex with a guy, it was filled with curiousity, passion, embarassment and guilt as with any heterosexual having sex for the first time.
By this age I had become a youth leader in the church and had spent time reading the bible including discovering chapters that “condemned” homosexuality.
Imagine the furore of my life? Now I have to be discrete, secretive and live a lie. When I look back at my life it never stopped my same sex attractions.
Fast forward thirty years, I am now fully confident that being gay is my natural being and I regretted ever trying to be straight.
I regretted that I did not get the education and appropriate spiritual development to be a gay man. I can understand that and that is why I am determined that the short life I may live in this world I trust God for the development of inclusive Christian education to enable the freedom of the mind, body, soul and spirit.



No comments:

Post a Comment

DROP YA COMMENTS!!!!!